May 22, 2024

The Scoop India

News You Need To Know

PM Modi issues statement

India-China LAC controversy: PM Narendra Modi All Party Meeting; Party presidents took part

Share and Enjoy !

Shares

Prime Minister Modi has called an all-party meet on June 19 at 5 PM to discuss the situation at India-China border areas, after Monday night’s clash

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has called an all-party meet on June 19 at 5 PM to discuss the situation at India-China border areas, following Monday night’s clash between Indian and Chinese soldiers at Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh, that saw 20 Indian soldiers being martyred. The Prime Minister’s office has said that presidents of various political parties can take part in the meeting that will be held virtually due to the Coronavirus outbreak.

The Prime Minister has been part of numerous meetings since news of the most significant India-China flashpoint for at least 5 decades occurred in Eastern Ladakh, with Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh, Home Minister Amit Shah, the CDS, the three Armed Forces Chiefs and EAM Jaishankar also being involved. There were casualties on the Chinese side as well, though China has censured their numbers. US intelligence states 35 Chinese soldiers were killed. China’s diplomats have similarly obfuscated the sequence of events leading to the clash, though their belligerence and aggression at the LAC has since been exposed.

PM Modi issues statement

Speaking at the meeting with Chief Ministers, PM Modi issued a strong statement on the LAC faceoff. He remarked, “We will not compromise with our country’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. We have shown our strength when it comes to protecting the sovereignty and territorial integrity of our country. We have showcased our abilities. Sacrifice is part of our Indian tradition. But , valor and bravery is equally a part of our tradition. I want to assure the nation that the sacrifices of our jawans will not go in vain. For us, India’s sovereignty and territorial integrity is most important. No one can stop us from protecting this No one should have a doubt about this. India wants peace. But on being provoked, India has the ability to give a befitting response under any circumstances. The country will be proud that our brave martyrs were killed after valiantly killing many (Chinese soldiers ). “

Indian Army’s statement

“Indian and Chinese troops have disengaged at the Galwan area where they had earlier clashed on the night of 15/16 June 2020. 17 Indian troops who were critically injured in the line of duty at the standoff location and exposed to sub-zero temperatures in The high altitude terrain has succumbed to their injuries, taking the total that were killed in action to 20. Indian Army is firmly committed to protect the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the nation, ”said the Army in its statement on Tuesday night. As per sources, 4 more Jawans are in a critical condition.

MEA’s statement

The Ministry of External Affairs on Tuesday issued an official statement on the martyrdom of the Indian Army personnel at the Line of Actual Control. MEA official spokesperson Anurag Srivastava stated that on-ground commanders from India and China had held a series of meetings to implement the consensus reached a higher level. However, he revealed that China departed from the consensus to respect the LAC in the Galwan Valley.

He contended that a violent faceoff had taken place on the late evening and night of June 15, leading to casualties on both sides as a result of China’s attempt to unilaterally change the status quo. The MEA observed that the casualties could have avoided had China followed the agreement reached at the higher level. Maintaining that India was convinced of resolving differences through dialogue, he reiterated the country’s commitment to ensuring sovereignty and territorial integrity.

China statement

Addressing a press conference on Wednesday, the Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian claimed that the sovereignty of the Galwan valley area has ‘always belonged to China’. While the country has not yet provided a definite number of casualties suffered by their side, Lijian added that the Indian border troops ‘flip-flopped’ and violated border protocols and breached the consensus of commander level talks that were held in Moldo on June 6. The Chinese foreign ministry also added that they do not wish to see more clashes. Moreover, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said that both sides are in close communication on resolving relevant issues through both diplomatic and military channels.

On Tuesday, China had issued an official statement on the same lines alleging that Indian troops crossed the border twice illegally and carried out provocative attacks on Chinese personnel, leading to serious physical conflict between the two forces. It had urged India to restrain its frontline troops from crossing the border or taking any unilateral action that might complicate the border situation.

Opposition leaders in India have amped up their chorus for details of the situation at the LAC to be made known.

news input r bharat

Share and Enjoy !

Shares